Over 99% accurate
when used from the day your period is due.
- Ready to test?
- Before you begin
- How to use
- How to read results
- Accurate Pregnancy Test Questions and Answers (Q&A)
Accurate Pregnancy Test can be used up to 4 days before your period is due
- Read instructions COMPLETELY and have a watch, clock or timer available.
- Check expiry date on box. Do not use if expired.
- If testing from the day your period is due, you can test any time of the day. If testing early, use the first urine of the day.
- Open the protective foil pouch IMMEDIATELY before use.
- Remove test stick from foil package. Take off cap.
- Hold test stick by thumb grip. Hold the Absorbent Tip pointing downwards in the urine stream for 5 seconds ONLY. IMPORTANT: Too much or too little urine on the Absorbent Tip may invalidate the result (see How to Read Results section below). OR, if you prefer, collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry container and dip all of the Absorbent Tip into the container for 20 seconds.
- Replace the cap and lay on a flat surface or pointing downwards with the Result Window facing up.
You can read your result after 2 minutes. A blue line will appear in the Control Window indicating the test has worked. A ‘-’ in the result window indicates a ‘Not Pregnant’ result. A ‘+’ in the Result Window indicates a ‘Pregnant’ result.
- DO NOT read your result after 10 minutes.
- If after 10 minutes NO line appears in the Control Window, the test has not worked. (see question 7).
A blue line in the Control Window AND a ‘+’ in the Result Window. (it does not matter if one of the lines which make up the ‘+’ symbol is lighter or darker than the other ; the result is ‘pregnant)
The appearance of the ‘+’ symbol in the Result Window may vary, however, the lines that make up the ‘+’ symbol and the line in the Control Window should be of similiar width as shown.
A blue line in the Control Window AND a ‘-’ in the Result Window.
TEST HAS NOT WORKED
No line appears in the Control Window (see question 7)
1. HOW DOES THE Accurate PREGNANCY TEST WORK?
Accurate Pregnancy Test detects hCG (human Chorionic Gonadotropin), a hormone present in urine once you become pregnant. A ‘Pregnant’ result indicates that hCG has been detected.
2. HOW ACCURATE IS Accurate PREGNANCY TEST?
Accurate Pregnancy Test is more than 99% accurate in laboratory tests, when used from the day your period is due.
3. WHEN CAN I TEST WITH Accurate?
Accurate recommend that you test from the day your period is due. However, the pregnancy hormone increases rapidly in early pregnancy and Accurate can be used to test up to 4 days before your period is due. In clinical testing with early pregnancy samples Accurate gave the following results: Number of days before the period is due % of samples from pregnant women giving a ‘Pregnant’ result with Accurate Pregnancy Test -1 87 % -2 84 % -3 74 % -4 53% To work out when your period is due, calculate your usual cycle length by counting the number of days from the period until the day before your next period starts.
- If you have irregular cycles, you should allow for your longest cycle in recent months before testing.
- If you have no idea when your period is due we recommend testing not less than 19 days after the last time you had unprotected sex.
- If testing from the day your period is due, you can test any time of the day. If testing early, use the first urine of the day. Avoid excessive fluid intake before testing.
- If the result is ‘Not Pregnant’, and pregnancy is still suspected, refer to question 9.
4. HOW SOON CAN I READ THE RESULT?
You can read your result after 2 minutes as long as a blue line has appeared in the Control Window. A ‘Pregnant’ result may appear as early as 1 minute. Read your result within 10 minutes of doing a test. Disregard any changes after this time.
5. WHAT IF I AM UNSURE OF MY RESULT?
- For your result to be ‘Pregnant’ there must be a blue line in the Control Window and a ‘+’ symbol in the Result Window within 10 minutes of performing the test. The appearance of the ‘+’ symbol in the Result Window may vary, however, the lines that make up the ‘+’ symbol and the line in the Control Window should be of similar width as shown.
- For your result to be ‘Not Pregnant’ there must be a blue line in the Control Window and a ‘-‘ symbol in the Result Window within 10 minutes of performing the test. If your result is ‘Not Pregnant’ and pregnancy is still suspected, refer to question 9.
6. CAN ANY MEDICATION OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS AFFECT THE RESULT?
- Always read manufacturers’ instructions for any medication you are taking before conducting the test. • Fertility drugs containing hCG can give misleading results (these fertility drugs are usually given by injection and testing too soon after administration may give a false ‘Pregnant’ result).
- Other fertility therapies (such as clomiphene citrate), painkillers and hormonal contraceptives (e.g. contraceptive pill) should not affect the result.
- If you have recently stopped using hormonal contraception or are using fertility therapies like clomiphene citrate, your periods may be irregular, leading you to test too soon.
- If you have recently been pregnant (even if not carried to full term) you may get a false ‘Pregnant’ result.
- Ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, menopause and some very rare medical conditions can give misleading results.
- If you have a ‘Pregnant’ result it is possible that you later find that you are not pregnant due to natural loss of the pregnancy which can occur in the early stages. If you do get unexpected results you should discuss them with your doctor.
7. I HAVE USED THE TEST BUT NO BLUE LINE HAS APPEARED IN THE CONTROL WINDOW. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
If there is no blue line in the Control Window within 10 minutes of performing the test then the test has not worked. This may due to the following:
- Applying too much or too little urine to the Absorbent Tip
- Not following test procedure correctly
- Using an expired test stick
8. MY TEST IS ‘PREGNANT’, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
You should see your doctor who can advise you on what steps you should take next.
9. MY TEST IS ‘NOT PREGNANT’, BUT I THINK I AM PREGNANT. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
You may not be pregnant, or the level of pregnancy hormone may not yet be high enough to be detected, or you may have miscalculated the day your period was due.
- If you tested early, test again when your period is due.
- If your period is overdue, test again in 3 days time with a new Brand Name Pregnancy Test. If you still get a ‘Not Pregnant‘ result and your period has not yet started, you should see your doctor.
Store at room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children. Home pregnancy test. Use once. Discard with household waste. Do not use if foil wrapper is damaged. Do not use a test stick that has passed its expiry date. For in vitro diagnostic use only.