Travel Pops from Caldekids
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:36
Take the Discomfort Out of Travelling for Kids With Travel Pops from Caldekids
Travel Pops settles the tummy during travel – helping to ensure a trouble free journey!
Unsettled tummies can spoil any journey and often the best answer is simply to stop and get off! That isn’t always possible though so fortunately CaldeKids are launching a fantastic product for all young travellers ‘Travel Pops’. Travel Pops come in the form of a tasty apple flavoured lollipop that contains two natural extracts which have a positive effect on the digestive system.
Unsettled tummies can happen from any kind of movement — even movement that you are anticipating. People tend to get unsettled tummies on a moving boat, train, airplane or car. It usually stops as soon as the motion stops.
With healthy ginger extracts, CaldeKids Travel Pops help settle little tummies during travel partnered with Peppermint extract that regulates digestion, together, they promise a smooth journey for young travellers. CaldeKids advises that you ensure your child takes Travel Pops approximately 30 minutes before travelling.
Kelley Treanor, Brand Manager, ClonMedica said of the new addition to the CaldeKids product range “CaldeKids are delighted to add Travel Pops to our range as they are a unique way of settling children’s tummies during travel. By taking just 30 minutes before travel they will help to settle your little ones tummies.
An unsettled stomach happens when the body, the inner ear, and the eyes send conflicting signals to the brain. This most often happens when you are in a car, boat, or airplane. From inside a ship’s cabin, your inner ear may sense rolling motions that your eyes cannot see. On the other hand, your eyes may see movement on a “virtual reality” ride that your body does not feel.
There are several ways you can try to prevent children experiencing unsettled tummies:
- Get them to keep their eyes on the horizon.
- Don’t let them read.
- Get them to rest their head against the seat back, to keep it still.
- Turn the air vents toward their face if possible.
If your child suffers from motion sickness on a plane, try these tips:
- Ensure they avoid big, greasy meals the night before air travel.
- Ensure they eat light meals or snacks that are low in calories in the 24 hours before air travel.
- Have them avoid salty foods and dairy products before they travel.
- Seat them toward the front of the aircraft or in a seat over the wing.
- Turn the air vent flow toward their face.
When travelling on a boat, try these tips:
CaldeKids Travel Pops are distributed by ClonMedica and come in packs of three with RRP €4.99 and are available nationwide in all good pharmacies.
- Ask for a cabin on the upper deck or toward the front of the ship.
- When on deck, get your child to keep their eyes fixed on the horizon or land.